View Single Post
      03-19-2021, 07:29 AM   #43
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Thank you cmyx6go

So like I had mentioned in the other thread, I've just started The Art of War, and so far I've been very much interested. Not only through the value in the text, but also for the through the fact that is has furthered my vocabulary (which I believe it quite important in a professional sense - to be well spoken is a great trait). I'm young, but have been fortunate to find myself in a solid position not only within our company, but within our industries technical community. (Not bragging, rather giving background pertaining to my goal to help tailor responses suited to what I am looking for). I deal with both technical related issues as well as the financial side of our operation - typically as follow: Initial Customer Conversation -> Bidding/estimating -> Engineering/Design/technical outreach -> Project/Program Management. My goal would be to find myself in an executive position further down the road which I believe is feasible (with hardwork & perseverance) if I continue down my current path.

I'd say I have solid business sense, but no formal education (yet, I'd like an MBA soon). My goal would be to further that as much as possible prior to seeking formal education in that arena. We are lucky on this forum to be surrounding by some that have been quite successful in their career, and my intention would be to pull from those with the years of experience that I lack.

After that drawn out explanation, finally the questions: What books have you read that have helped further that type of growth? Are there prerequisites to certain reads that you would recommend? Appreciate the help!!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15761.00