View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 10:04 AM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
I assume catless down pipes. I would suggest gutting your mufflers instead of deleting them, as sound can still bounce of the metal and give you a deeper grunt then a straight pipe. I had gutted mufflers and catless dp with eventuri intake but it wasn't even close to an exhaust system like the akra I have now. Now if you fabricate a titanium exhaust for yourself from down pipes back, soo titanium center pipes then just do a full titanium straight pipe and you will get what your looking for

Interesting take. I have the Akrapovic Evo/MPE too which is a full exhaust with titanium downpipes. Of course I'm bias, but I think it sounds fantastic. The metal type makes just as much difference as any in the sound.

That said, I've hear numerous S63 cars with downpipes and "high flow"/gutted cats. Downpipes alone typically change the entire character of the sound. I heard a downpipe on the same Akra, and it doesn't even sound the same anymore. Too loud and aggressive to me.

The best combo would be a high flow or factory cat with a titanium street exhaust system. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 08-25-2020 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0