08-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #8
timmay77
Stupendous Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F13 M6 Comp pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6NYC View Post
I think he's referring to the amount of R&D that goes into these commercially available products. I'd definitely be interested in the MSR Style Intakes if you do end up fabricating them. I currently have installed the AFE cold air intakes installed and although I'm impressed with the performance, the sound is definitely lacking.

Interesting.

R&D in exhaust tips? The back end of an exhaust system plays VERY LITTLE in the performance, if any at all. They are pipes. Nothing more. Titanium, stainless, galvanized aluminum, same result, maybe a little different sound.

An intake system plays a HUGE role in performance, and that doesn't scare you away? With basically NO R&D?

But I digress, we are way off topic here. I can tell all of this will just turn in to a pissing match. "If you don't spend $X,XXX on brand X system, it is garbage" Different strokes for different folks. Some people like spending money, others, like myself, enjoy fabricating parts. People enjoy their cars differently. I won't defend my work, that in the past, has always produced the desired results. It is what it is.
Appreciate 0