View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #13
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msparta View Post
Lmao indeed it's simple only notice on their video they skip over the fitment and placement of the device and cable harness...

You too will pause and be like wtf... but it's possible just run the cables as organized as possible and slot the slack over to the back left then place the mmi flat against the back wall with connectors coming from the top side, then flush that as far left as possible so that the only open space left is on the right side of the mmi. That little void is barely enough to force the harness block to squeeze into - as you push everything closed and finish.

Connections and all takes 30mins or less.. sorting fitment was like 30 mins lol

Oh, test it before you screw anything down...

Tip: the harness terminals are shit quality, be careful not to break the end harness terminal clip as mine fell off and required careful handling.

Cheers!
I seen towards the end of the vid he placed the module underneith everything ,it looked like he dropped it into a hole and the wiring he shrunk up with velcro and said keep most if it towards the left, I believe you im sure it a pain to get all the crap stuffed into that tight spot ,Im sure it nerve racking to say the least,I would saying slow movements and taking your time will be your best friend

How do you like it so far?
Can you play the radio while your in Apple car play?
If there was something you dont like what is it ?Pros and cons

Thanks
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0