View Single Post
      10-05-2021, 09:52 AM   #6
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

I check mileage and if I have any reason to suspect anything or I'm bored I'll also check the dash cam. Also handy to see if they leave it unlocked overnight but I haven't had to do that.

My wife's Lexus, however, shows each trip on a map. I'll say if there was fast acceleration, harsh braking, or fast cornering during the trip and how many times of each. I wish we had that. We went to pick up her car (brand new IS350 F Sport) and noticed a small chip in the paint on the front bumper so they said they would get it fixed and gave her all weather mats for free as an apology. She had to make an appt then go back and drop it off to then take a loaner car. They dropped it off at a local (non-Lexus) shop and there were zero issues with that trip. Likely it wasn't a douche looking to go on a joy ride and/or knew it would show up on the app. The shop brought the car in for work then left the car unlocked all night. I had installed a dash cam so we can confirm it was outside. The guy from the shop who returned it had way too much fun as all of that (acceleration, braking, cornering) showed up on the trip. Not only that but they made it worse. They added scratches, places of visible overspray, and the emblem was scuffed. Sales guy met with my wife to be like "look it's fixed!" but then she pointed out all the other issues. He tried to get someone to buff it out but it wasn't happening. At that point she said just get a new bumper and ultimately Lexus swapped the bumper with another brand new one. Even the service guy who was asked to swap a bumper on a brand new car said "I told them to stop using those guys!" when we explained what happened.
Appreciate 2
540iSUP704.00