04-19-2021, 07:54 PM   #1781
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I know they stopped making them but a GT350R is cheaper, has more power, looks better and has a FAR MORE exciting engine. So i'd go down that route myself.
It certainly is an exciting sounding engine. Too bad it burns almost as much oil as gasoline.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...20severe%20use.

Quote:
As marvelous as the high-revving V-8 is, its thirst for oil and gas proved insatiable. Run it hard and it will drink premium at an alarming rate. During one of our mountain blasts, the GT350 emptied its tank in 151 miles at an average of 10 mpg. Our 17-mpg test average was 1 mpg better than the EPA's combined rating, but ours includes many miles on the interstates. And then there's the oil-consumption issue: Over 40,000 miles, we added 21.5 quarts of 5W-50. That's in addition to scheduled oil changes. It's the most we've ever added during a long-term test by a long shot. Ford released a supplement to the owner's manual stating that the engine might consume a quart every 500 miles under severe use. "Severe use" pretty accurately sums up our treatment of just about any car, but particularly one with an 8250-rpm redline. And we were lucky; internet forums are rife with horror stories of Shelbys consuming far more.
Appreciate 0