12-29-2018, 07:49 AM   #6
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
I agree except for Dinan, I have never seen an M5/6 dyno over 700whp on the Dinan intake. Also the benefit of the cold air front mount intake is that you are only sucking in cooler air from outside of the engine bay and you get an amazing sound. The stock intake can be sealed to only suck in air from outside, and with scoops attached, and performance filters you can push over 700whp with supporting mods so it comes down to preference because you can do the same with the cold air intake and there have been no issues like raised engine temps so you go with what works for you.
Interesting. I've been thinking about the Dinan or Eventuri and a tune, but I have night vision on my car. So there's some question about whether the Eventuri, or any other CAI that mounts behind the grille, would work effectively or fit because of the front facing camera. Seems the most sensible solution would be a design such as the Dinan since it doesn't mount behind the grille. But it sound like you're saying the Dinan isn't effective. Can you please elaborate more?
Appreciate 0