View Single Post
      06-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #18
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
It's certainly a high-end car, and I won't say it's ugly (it's not)... but does it look as good as the 6GC? No, no it doesn't.

I'll probably be passing on the 8. If I did ever buy one, it might actually be the coupe. With the 6, I always felt the GC was the better looking of the two. With the 8, I think we may have flip-flopped back to the coupe as the better design.
Agree. But doesn't the rear look like the second gen Chrysler 200? The rear spoiler is virtually exactly the same. The rear shoulders are the same. The rear quarter windows are similar. The rear fastback slope is the same. Taillights are upside down but very similar. That's not all that bad as the 200 was actually a well designed car, but the 8 series should not look like a 200 or a Mustang!

Getting rid of the Hofmeister Kink is just dumb. Totally goes against BMW tradition and doesn't look good or aggressive. Looks like a Lexus now from the side.

While the 8 looks more modern, the 6GC will endure the test of time. By far, the BEST sedan design in modern car history.

Last edited by thebmw; 06-15-2019 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
city1991231.00