07-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #6
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post
My 2013 X1 is my first BMW, and I like it so much that I decided when it came time to replace my second car, a 2006 Lexus IS250, I'd get another BMW, and probably the new 2. Test drove it, loved it, started thinking how I'd order it - and then just got so confused by the options and changes from 2015 to 2016, and color limitations if you chose M Sport, limited tech options with CarPlay on its way...etc.

So I decided I'd lease something else for 2-3 years (I usually purchase, not lease). And I ended up in an Audi A3 Cabriolet, with the tiny 1.8 and almost no packages except cold weather and Driver's Assistance (rear camera/sensors and side assist). Don't even have Audi's equivalent to Comfort Access, Advanced key. I've already opened it a couple times, put key in pocket, got in, and sat like a dummy for a few seconds until I realized I needed to pull key out to start the thing...

But XBimmers, I really enjoy it. I'm sure it's much more fun with the 2.0 and Sport package. It's just I got a great deal. Now I see if the Audi can make it to elase end without any problems. I'll be covered, of course, but it's still not fun to have to drag your car back to dealer to fix this or that...

Forgive me BMW! I'll be back. And if I successfully attached the pic, you can not only see me in my BMW cap while inside the A3, but my X1 parked alongside...
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. My roommate has an A3...I drove it up to NYC recently due to this issue (http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1148168). The car just seemed like a glorified Jetta to me and wasn't very exciting to drive, in fact it was quite dull. Was plenty comfy though. He pretty much has the exact same config as you do but in the typical 4 door sedan style. The interior reminds you that you're in a base level Audi...sea of black and blank buttons that do nothing. The quality is nice though.
Appreciate 0