United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
So on a positive note you will have new paint. Its a good time to apply matte sealant and do a full protection system.
That is a positive thing I hoped it would happen.
Now I'm trying to choose PPF and ceramic coating over it, or just ceramic coat.
Have not got any quote for PPF. Should I do just front section or the whole car. I'm leaning towards whole car as it's getting whole new fresh paint...

Quote:
Good luck man, please keep me updated. Would love to see some pics. At a later point, I may do a respray, just going to attempt Dr. Beasleys first. My damage is very minor almost not visible, unless looking at it in direct light and close up.
I will.
We are the minority with factory Frozen Black paint. Gotta stick together!! lol
Here is the damage... No dent at all, but you can tell how she ever so slightly touched me!! Because of the Frozen paint, there is no polishing or buffing out those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCM View Post
Quote:
So on a positive note you will have new paint. Its a good time to apply matte sealant and do a full protection system.
That is a positive thing I hoped it would happen.
Now I'm trying to choose PPF and ceramic coating over it, or just ceramic coat.
Have not got any quote for PPF. Should I do just front section or the whole car. I'm leaning towards whole car as it's getting whole new fresh paint...

Quote:
Good luck man, please keep me updated. Would love to see some pics. At a later point, I may do a respray, just going to attempt Dr. Beasleys first. My damage is very minor almost not visible, unless looking at it in direct light and close up.
I will.
We are the minority with factory Frozen Black paint. Gotta stick together!! lol
Here is the damage... No dent at all, but you can tell how she ever so slightly touched me!! Because of the Frozen paint, there is no polishing or buffing out those.
[IMG]https://scontent.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...38;oe=608976CE[/IMG]
Sorry to see this. And your right! Us Frozen guys do need to stick together lol. So what I have been told, is typically, the entire side will be repainted to keep uniformity with the matte paint. Its pretty hard to match previous work, but it can be done. The painter should just be experienced.

I think, redo one side or maybe the entire car depending on cost etc... eitherway, I would go for the PPF if it keeps the finish. I am going to look into doing this also. Itll protect from rock chips etc.

I am new to the matte color schemes, so Ill be researching this.

As for ceramic coat, thats good as well. But, from what I understand it wont be able to do much for rock chips and or light contact feom careless people etc...

What do you think about PPF and ceramic. Im thinking to do PPF. It would be great for the front bumper etc...
Appreciate 0