09-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardboard View Post
I think you're wrong. This is BMW Ms flagship model. Something has to make it better than an M6 ( or different) and I dont think 20 hp on a heavier car's going to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kardboard View Post
Now I'm not pulling this out my ass: but I'm nearly positive this is going to be the M flagship model.

Jason and others will hopefully chime in and correct me or explain Ms special plans for the gran coupe.

Maybe Later in the future (8 years) the M1/M10 will be the new flagship model.
The M6 Gran Coupe is indeed the flagship M car, but I doubt that's any reason to give it unique styling over the M6 coupe or convertible. Case in point, there's no design difference between the 6-series GC, the 6-series coupe, and the 6-series convertible. None. The fenders, bumpers, lights, hood, trunk, and virtually every other inch of the exterior not directly affected by the different kind of roof (hardtop vs. soft top) or number of doors (2 vs. 4) is exactly the same between the three body styles. Likewise, there's no design difference between the body panels of the M6 coupe and M6 convertible. I don't believe BMW will change this design language/logic with the M version of the Gran Coupe.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0