View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 09:55 AM   #13
JasonDot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, X3 and 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
I've loved most of it. I'm a lot more efficient and it's obviously more comfortable working from home. I enjoy the time saved too. I live 15 minutes from the office but just not having to get dressed, pack up my stuff/lunch/, drive, park, walk to the building, etc is so nice. I'm fairly introverted too so I like being able to do things my own way at home without people everywhere.

What I don't like is the expectation that's slowly crept in of everyone being available 24/7. I've been working 50+/week since January of 2019 but that's increased since March to upwards of 70+/week at times.

Going forward I'm doing what I can to manage workloads as it's pretty apparent that my employees (including myself) are suffering from work-from-home burnout. It's a fine line to walk though. We want to make the client happy and keep the work coming given the economy, but at the same time the whole work/life balance has never been more necessary than this year. People need a break.
That's a good point of the "available 24/7" factor. I noticed a LOT of work chatter; eMail, text messages, calls and whatever have expanded beyond our normal operational hours.

Also to avoid work burnout, have you tried taking micro-breaks throughout the day?
Appreciate 2
EricVR4603.50
vreihen1615202.00