View Single Post
      04-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #8
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I'm actually torn on this myself. I think it depends on your color. For silver cars, i think OEM chrome looks best. I have a white car, so I decided to do the black-white contrast.

Do you like the blacked out look on black car? The chrome contrast looks good on a black IMO, as your headlight housing and wheels are shiny
Definitely not a fan of a fully blacked out car. The 433 wheels are too pretty to powder coat fully. Need to find that played out lambo door meme, with a Gallardo and a Honda lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
I think the black on black on black look is played out. If you are going to do that, you really should black out everything, including those gorgeous wheels, which would be criminal.

My thoughts - embrace some chrome! If I were you, i would paint the outer rim of those kidneys gloss black but leave the vertical pieces chrome - see how that works.
Can't agree more, blacked out is played out . Not sure how I'd feel about chrome verticals. Any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
Thats just like mine, we must be the only 2 on here with Black Sapphire, personally I would leave as is the chrome breaks the front up nicely with the black exterior
Beautiful! Are you running spacers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
Black all day. Makes the front of the car look cleaner and much more aggressive. Get gloss black so it matches your car and outside trim
That's why I'm torn, because I agree the gloss black kidneys really make it more aggressive. I'd do those, plus the rear badge leaving everything else alone.
Appreciate 0