View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 07:20 PM   #34
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskuo View Post
A buddy of mine is a BMW mechanic and this is a standard thing that dealerships do (not just BMW). Every time anyone comes in for anything they come up with a whole host of things that are "wrong" with the car. When I went in for the recall they said that I need an alignment and rear brakes which I'll have my friend verify, but in the past it's been "maybe eventually, but not right now."
I wasn’t even talking about them telling me somethings wrong with the car - that would be fine bc I have my own indy shop I would have verify it or not. I was more so speaking of small scratches to the paint, scuffs on the front lip, etc. - cosmetic issues that comes from lack of care. I’m this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Maybe try another dealer if that's possible? I shopped around a few dealers in my area until I settled on one where they really looked after me, and were also significantly cheaper.

I have mine booked in for tomorrow + some warranty work, will update on how it goes!
Yeah, that’s another issue. There’s one within a hr distance. The next closes one blew me off 3x for warranty work. The one close to me had my car on THREE separate occasions before actually doing the job (one time for 4 days and they didn’t even start on it lol). But then they want to praise me on how nice/pristine the car is. Just do the job! Ok - rant over. I’ll figure out a solution to the issue at hand I’m sure.

Good luck w your appointment.
Appreciate 1