Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenalInsult View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msparta View Post
Updating my progress after this was installed... my continued to get engine light error but with the down stream sensor this time... I ended up ordering a second sensor for the same bank 2 but this sensor was specific for the downstream as the error noted...

After I replaced it the engine light went away for a while along with permanent error I was getting... however recently the engine light came back on with a "mixture too lean"... I figured I needed to check the MAFs and get these cleaned with the proper cleaner which I did and so far so good... the permanent error is gone and so is the engine light now...

Long story short I also as of today did spark plugs and coils myself - was fun!

So far so good!!

I'll post back if anything changes.

Just curious, how hard was it too install the rear oxygen sensor? Any photo like you had for the front? It seems like the running rich or lean problems can take some time to sort out.
Not difficult at all, just have all your tools in hand ahead of time and most importantly get a telescoping magnet wand to keep any bolts from falling into the engine bay… remove the bracket so you have easy access and anything else that is top most that can get in your way.

The oxygen censors have a very fragile plastic sleeve around its cable which can easily get coughs on the top bracket as you install the new censor so just take your time and care for the cable from getting dragged as you ratchet the censor into its socket…
Appreciate 0