View Single Post
      05-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #5
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Good work! Just to add from my experience cleaning leather - a lot of the shininess is from skin oils and dirt building up. Any good leather safe cleaner (agitate, wipe dirt off, repeat) will remove the shininess.
After that though, it's important to care for the leather (leather protectors, conditioners etc) as that's what will maintain the finish.

Eventually - naturally from use - it will become shiny again. @OP you should see how long this finish lasts to give you a complete picture of the effectiveness of Pears. Looks great!
Yes, I have also removed the shininess with other leather cleaners. Lexol won't really do it very well, but Blue Magic does. However, this feels distinctly different. With Blue Magic it starts to get its shine back fairly quickly, even where I do not touch the wheel. I think it's a far more superficial cleaning. But this actually squeaked a bit while wiping it off and has that drier feel of a new wheel. I will report back on the longevity vs. other products I've used.
Appreciate 0