Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestar View Post
Sorry guys, too many drama queens here.

Is it sad? Yes, it is. I feel people who really wanted to do this and i liked ED threads as well, no question. But i don't get comments like ,then i'm heading to Porsche'. What's your car choice, bc of the delivery? When numbers went down to >500 per year then it's more than understandable they won't offer it anymore, especially in critical times like this.
As someone who did six EDs and had no intention of stopping, I have to agree with everything you've said here. It's like everyone screaming at the top of their lungs for cool European estate cars/wagons. What happens when a few manufacturers try to import them? They don't sell. At all. Look at Volvo.

I said this earlier and I'll say it again. ED is an incredible experience that BMW got the economics wrong on. Instead of ED cars being discounted (how does that makes sense?), ED should be an extra-cost option like the $2500 M Driver's Package. That way, BMW can make the economics work on the few people who actually do ED instead of just marketing a program that people only dream about.
The problem is it's hard to go from giving discounts to making people pay for the "experience".
Appreciate 1
bobert858.50