View Single Post
      08-12-2020, 10:37 AM   #12
Chesie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 530i X-Drive

Garage List
I got 14k miles out of the PSS's that came with my '19GC. I have winter tires on from NOV-MAR, so no cold weather driving. This Spring, I put PS4s on, and after 10k miles, I am starting to notice the rears spinning under load, whereas they were nice and sticky when new. They have about 1/2 the tread depth as they did when new, and I anticipate needing to replace them next Spring.

My car is a DD, at least in the Summer, and I have never tracked it. I don't spin my tires (at least on purpose), nor do I drive it like I stole it. I do drive it like it was meant to be driven, especially on the highway. My milage is 80/20 highway/city.

I had a '16 M5 before the M6, and the tire wear was the same for that car, using PSS/PS4s tires in the Summer, and snow tires in the Winter. My first set of PSS on the M5 lasted 18k miles, but to be honest, the last 3k miles it was pretty unsafe, as there was virtually no traction when the roads were wet. I just didn't want to put new tires on in September, right before having to put snow tires on in November, so I milked that set.

12-15k miles seems like a good estimate for a daily driver set of tires on this car, given that they are only used in temps above 40 degrees. As an aside, these tires are no fun below 40 degrees, even when conditions are dry. Very slippery.

Regards,
Danny
Appreciate 0