08-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #4401
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
I can tell you with 100% certainty that a newborn won't be able to fire your gun. Well unless you're stupid enough to put the gun in the crib. I have 7yr old twins and they have never seen any of my guns around the house. I have two very simple gun safes for my pistols that are biometric. One safe both my wife and I are able to use, the other one in my nightstand is only programmed for me. I do have an AR-15 which is not in a safe. However it's in a carry case on a shelf high in my closet and the ammo is kept separately in one of the two safes. I don't thunk my wife or either kid could even load a single round into the magazine of the AR.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and deviousness of children when it comes to gaining access to something they shouldn't.

I highly, highly recommend you put a trigger lock on that AR, and much more importantly, start teaching your kids the gun safety rules, taking them to the range, letting them get the feel for it, and showing them the damage it can do.