09-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #40
Akshaya
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 BMW M6 Comp Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost View Post
Rogue SSK = Short Shift Kit made by Rogue. I was the first one to ever order one of these, and it worked out well - EXCEPT I had to have a new shift boot made. I ordered it from iND, I have a great contact over there if you're interested. It's a bit pricey and install is not really DIY, but it gives the trans such a nice feel.

The clutch valve bypass mod is common on many manual BMWs and even VWs/Audis. You'll find good info on it on the forums. It's perfect to do in conjunction with the SSK.
Oh that’s awesome! I did some super brief searching after i read your original post and the clutch bypass mod i saw was to allow you to start the car without fully depressing the clutch. I’m not sure if that is it. The short shift kit is a strong possibility as I’ve done it on about every manual car i own and have owned. But i will likely drive it as is for at least 4 months or so! I will be doing a full car clear bra though as soon as they are able to get me in!

Just heard from my shipper though and it turns out that his truck broke down in Montana so the car likely wont be here till Friday or Saturday
Appreciate 0