View Single Post
      06-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #11
awais_shahid
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 LCI 640d Gran Coupe

Update: I finally got the replacement rim installed yesterday. Surprisingly the wheel had not lost any pressure after I pumped it back up, although obviously I was driving only when I had to use the car and kept it to low speeds only.

To answer your question miamiten the tyre was recently replaced due to a nail and was balanced by Kwik Fit hence loads of weights! I hate going there but that's the only place other than the main dealer that is approved for the tyre warranty.

I'm definitely getting the damaged wheel repaired to keep as a spare. Funnily enough I was going to take it to Sheldon's, I've been going there for years. Although the composition of the wheel will be compromised following the impact, it's good to have a spare in case it happens again.

I've already put a claim into the council but from past experience they always initially reject your claim and you have to send several complaint letters and threaten court action before it gets anywhere. It will ended up costing me more in my time, than what the replacement wheel did!
Appreciate 0