04-28-2020, 06:37 AM   #26
Ptoscano911
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGrits10 View Post
Installed the plugs yesterday, still need to do a closer inspection/analysis of the old plugs and get feedback from more varied driving conditions (so far I've taken it around the block post-install and drove to work this morning), but I've yet to feel a miss happen so that's...good? Anyway quick thoughts:

-Pretty easy, even the front cylinder on each side was no problem, hardest thing was getting the intake boxes back in just the right position to reconnect the rubber hoses.
-Total time including putting away tools after = ~2 hours.
-The bracing bars have a 15mm bolt on one end and a 16mm bolt on the other. WTF/whatever man.
-Took advice on the plug socket from FCP Euro not wanting to release and sprayed some WD-40 inside before I started. Worked beautifully. Used 6" + 3" extensions on most, 6" + 6" front cylinders.
-MFer those long threads put years on my life awkwardly leaning over the engine bay whipping the ratchet handle 90 degrees at a time.
-The new plugs all measured about a 0.028" gap out of the box, fwiw. I didn't mess with it.
-Old plugs coming out I measured a couple at 0.032-0.034" and then said screw it, analyze later. Didn't see anything obviously bad, will measure/examine the rest later.
-Patient is a 2015 n63tu @35k miles exhibiting stumbly cold starts, slight rough idle, and intermittent missing under load. Fingers crossed.
Do you need a universal to use ? I hard plugs are angled ?
Appreciate 0