View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #8
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchesj View Post
Looking at the DEI options, they have "Design Engineering 010457 Heat Shroud - Aluminized Sleeving for Ultimate Heat Protection (with Hook and Loop Closure), 0.5" - .75" x 3'"

Will .75" ID fit over those hoses? What size tubing is that?

Curious how much coolant is lost while replacing those, and do you need to purge the coolant system after?

Thanks!
The tube is 3/8"

I used these two products off of amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the tricky part about the heat sleeving is the sizing of the clamp on the hose. so the 3/4 inch sleeve will not work, it way too tight. I went with the 1.5 inch so I could slide it on nice and easy, it still catches here and there, but its the way to go unless you get heat shroud which can come undone via Velcro strip. Just I would get just get the sleeve and cut it to size and slide them over.

If you are dead set on going the shroud, I would set one up with a mock setup and start measuring with the clamp on the inner diameter. and give myself an extra 1/4" to maneuver the shroud on the lines.

you will lose a little bit of coolant, but with the tubes being so high in the coolant loop its not too much. I would recommend re bleeding the system which is pretty easy. I think there is a good video on youtube how to do it. but the basics are car power on, engine not running, highest hvac temperature, blower motor on low, and depress the gas pedal for 10 seconds. you will start to hear the electric water pumps running, bleeding the system. leave the fill caps off while its doing this too. make sure to have your car on a trickle charger to while its doing this for 15 minutes.

Last edited by RagtagXMASTER; 10-13-2020 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: added coolant answer
Appreciate 0