View Single Post
      09-05-2020, 12:20 AM   #1
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Scam site - Joy-Drive

Fellow 6posters - I posted this on another forum I frequent so thought to drop it here. I was too late on the other forum and a guy got scammed:

Quick warning post about "Joy Drive". Be extremely careful with Joy Drive. There are a ton of scams going through this website - basically scammers have spoofed the real "www.joydrive.com" with "www.joy-drive.com" - notice the difference!?

joy - dash - drive is a fake website. You will find on joy dash drive you have to enter a stock number to find a vehicle. Typically a vehicle will be listed at a decent price on one of the big classified sites. Contacting the seller, they will say "the car is on consignment with joydrive, here is the link and stock number". You enter the stock number, are shown a fake car with fake photos, carfax and "inspection" etc. Like other online-only car dealers, you can get delivery and financing arranged online, so you happily start entering your personal info to get qualified...and you get the rest.

Even in the post above, Joy dash drive is linked. Have a browse around the two sites and you'll see how the "dash" site is a fake.

I've reached out to JoyDrive (the real one) and they're aware of the spoof site and have been trying to get it blocked.

The scammers are getting smarter, please be careful out there guys. 1st rule of thumb, if it looks too good to be true or smells fishy, walk away.

Also followed up with:

Firstly, hopefully nothing will come of this and you've taken the right steps in protecting your identity. It can happen to anyone. I'm assuming you've locked your credit - so any damage can be mitigated. It may even be that the real joy drive has taken control of the domain, as it even shows as "secure" but anything can be faked online now.

I've attached the response from JoyDrive for reference

The only reason I figured this out was because a scammer listed a car too cheap. Like 50% under list. I knew it was scam going in, so I did some digging around and that's what I found. I did the same checks as you, googling got me nowhere. I even called the number on their site and it was dead. I then searched around the site and was confused why I couldn't find any cars without a "stock number". Googled Joy Drive again and went directly trough the google link, and suddenly, all the cars for sale appeared. If you click on "Buy Cars" at the top of both sites, you'll see what I mean.

I've also attached the email sent to me from the scammer after reaching out to them via autotrader.com (I also flagged the listing with them).

These f**kers typically list enthusiast/desirable cars so relevant here. I didn't get scammed because the price was WAY too obvious, so I went looking for the catch, but the guy above who did found a car priced just cheap enough where it was easy to jump on a "deal".
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
M6Roar85.50
AECDY299.00
DrFerry6727.00