03-20-2021, 05:23 PM   #214
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Pu-lease.

The 2009 season tells anyone with observational skills that it's more than just the car. In 2010 and 2012 he was the one taking the fight to RBR. Look at the record.

14 years of excellence in F1.

He is 5 of 7 vs other WDC drivers in the same car. But for reliability he'd be 6 of 7.

Sir Lewis is a force of nature in Formula One. I will quote something said by 3 separate people, in almost the exact wording, who have forgotten more about F1 than everyone in this thread:

"Lewis wins the races he is supposed to win and, more importantly, the races he isn't supposed to win."

All said at separate times by the following:

Ross Brawn, 8 WCCs, 3 separate teams. Recruited not-then-Sir Lewis to Mercedes
Fernando Alonso, 2 WDCs, 2 WCCs
Sebastian Vettel, 4 WDCs, 4 WCCs with your pet team who spends more time complaining about the competition than working on their own car.

All of this as opposed to Max who loses the races he is supposed to win, doesn't listen to anyone and only has 3 pole positions in a Top 3 car. When you shine the light of truth and facts on his record the only word that comes to mind is the following: Hype.

Case Closed.
2009 is a loong time ago and time has moved on friend. Hype?' that's only for F1 geeks who follow the social media like a prayer.
I won't get into the equipment b/c we both can see where that would lead into a dead end street and I'm sure like me you are craving for that Bahrain race to get nearer and..any ideas why Wolff has made himself scarce.
Appreciate 1