View Single Post
      02-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #42
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I forgot about this horrid little car until today.

I also don't know why bmw started to produce the grand tourer and active tourer.
It's a popular segment at least in Europe, but there are other brands that do this imho better for a lot less money. (toyota, ford, VAG etc etc)
Then again, there seems to be a trend in the last 15 years to produce as much different segment cars and if there still isn't a segment for it.... just create that niche.
Therefore there are lots of cars I don't feel connected to from brands I do feel connected to. That last parameter goes down though.

Then again there are also brands that do it differently and still only produce cars that are in line with the brand's heritage and primeval goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
At least here in the US they don't put those M badges on the side like that.
They're not on every car, but it being on the press release car suggests that you can get it there factory fitted if you want to.
Then again, if you're buying a 218d grand tourer..... why would you want to. Why even bother with the bumper styling package.....You will only draw more attention to that YOU are driving THAT

To me the 2 active/grand tourer screams to me that the man of the house was allowed to choose the brand that he wanted to but not the car that he wanted to...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-27-2021 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 2