02-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #35
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by six75LT View Post
meanwhile you get ultra-defensive when someone tells you your car isnt a real M maybe you're the one with the insecurity issues?
I don't think I'm being defensive at all. I just don't like it when people say things that are inaccurate, that's all. Case in point, an M340/440i being a "package" or referred to as an M sport when it's not.

I'm never going to claim my upcoming M340i is an M car because I do personally understand the difference. I am a previous e46 M3 owner so I know as someone else just posted about. It's true that that car had virtually no badges on it and is a well respected, iconic M car. At the same time I just simply don't think it's a reason to shit on today's M performance variants or the like. AMG division does the same stuff but that doesn't make a car like the new CLA45 shit, either.

This is a played out conversation that has taken place for many years. I think owners should be happy with whatever car they have which I am. I don't see a need to bash on others, especially people that come across as being an a-hole about it.

NOW, having said that, the ones that put their own badges on a car, THAT is a fake one and I'm sure everyone would agree
Appreciate 0