04-17-2020, 09:03 AM   #846
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Is Scott's the way to go? We just put in Vigoro red. Supposedly has a 12 month color guarantee, but I put it in just last Sunday and I'm already seeing spots that are fading quick. I've got two more beds at the front of the house that I'm going to do and am considering Scott's since this Vigoro is a joke.
i've tried every mulch out there lol. pretty much whatever's on sale! but, my first year i used Scott's premium mulch and had great results. does not hold color for a year that's guaranteed! holds for about a few months and that's it! but it still stays a darker color than the other brands that i've tried which turns grayish. the Vigoro to me wasn't dark enough. more faded black if anything. color stayed that way for about 1 month than if faded and got lighter throughout the season. now Scott's does have another grade of mulch but it's like $4+ a bag. i might try that out next year in one flower bed and see how it does.

the Lowe's premium mulch that sells for like $2 is junk. holy moly it had stuff in it that shouldn't be in there. i found mold or coul've been fungus, plastic, fiberboard, painted wood, rocks, rusty nails, and other debris! i would never buy that product again!

this is sold at Walmart for $1.97 so not bad but the color was not black. it was more of a faded black color. didn't find all the debris in the mulch like i did with the Lowes brand

last year i gave Menards a try and their mulch sold for $1.97. didn't like it as the color was sooooo faded. but because i picked up 70 bags i didn't want to go through the hassle of returning them.

so this year i went back to Home Depot and picked up the Scott's. but they're $3.33 a bag but if you buy 30+ you can get them for $3 a bag.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2