View Single Post
      05-30-2020, 12:38 AM   #46
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
The irony and or ignorance of this comment is telling.

I live in a Suburb of Dallas and by far, the drivers of every Escalade I see (which is alot) are White middle aged females followed by White Males young and older. Neither appear to be Rappers or Pimps.
Not sure where you live.
My wifes pimp hand is pretty strong...as a current (but not particularly enthusiastic) Escalade owner I must say, this is a pretty strong offering.

I must say, I am not super impressed with Cadillac, I really would like to be. I have owned some nice brands, purchased or in a couple of cases leased, new (only significant to comment on the dealer experience). I have had BMWs (M3, 335, X5, M5), and Audi (S4), Porsche (Cayenne S, Boxster S) I mention these only for context.

I would say that the Cadillac build quality is on par with my BMWs, better in some ways, not as good in others. The Audi was a bit better then either brand, and the Porsches smoked all of them.

The real difference, where Caddy falls on its face is the dealership, more specifically the service experience. The German brands have this dialed in, loaner cars, washing and cleaning of you car before its returned. Its not the people that you deal with, my Cadillac guy is great, and its the same guy every time (same with my Porsche experience, not with BMW or Audi), its just that the GM dealers don't/can't take that extra little step.

With the exception of the M5 the Escalade is the most expensive vehicle of the group, the 335 was the least expensive, the dealership experience with the BMW was FAR superior (the two dealers are about 2 miles apart, so it not like its a 'different' area).
Appreciate 0