View Single Post
      05-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #34
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP259 View Post
Did Pure Performance come up with the CP Carillo rods & pistons....and how long did it take to get finished product.?

Do you think the terrible gas with ethanol caused the fuel injectors to fail?

Would a additive added to the fuel have lubricated the injectors prevent the failure? Just inquiring....

Great build....
Yes CP Carillo rods & pistons
It only took him about 2 to 3 weeks to do the build but he had the car 3 months as its not my daily I told him no rush, plus he needed extra time to test and tune it make sure its 100% before sending it back, a friend of mine has his M6 engine done there same time as me but he just did stock rebuild got it back in a month with transport time

Not sure if the ethanol killed it ,they just fail change them before 40k mile or you may have a problem

Not sure if an additive would prevent it from failing,I doubt it they just fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
As a fellow white M6 owner full of Vorsteiner parts, I always enjoy looking at your car.

I have a new build coming in the near future, once I make some final decisions and can get some time to get the car shipped to RK, so I've enjoyed reading about the progress with your car.

How is the clearance with the Meistershaft and the diffuser? A full Meistershaft is currently my top choice for a new exhaust (not sure if I want to go GTC or SGT yet) and have been wondering about the clearance with the diffuser and 102 tips.
Thanks I appreciate it!

There close but clears no problem

I would get the GTC with the valves they sound awesome! Gods gift to the M6,I have them open most of the time but theres the few times I close them for piece and quiet, especially on long road trips or going though a quiet neighborhood late night

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
What a beast, congrats!!

I'm curious, how was it smoking and what color was it before it went boom? Blue smoke or black? When coming to a stop or continuous? After driving hard or even regular driving?

Thanks!
Thank you!
It was a broken ring land so the oil would pass the rings and burn in the combustion chamber you can smell the oil burning ,It started very faint I would smell it at stop lights and go away and wondered if it was me ,It got worse over the next 200 miles ,It wouldn't smoke at startup but when the oil got hot and thin it was really bad continuous smoke,couldnt drive it anymore ,It sucked

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidde View Post
$?
Contact Pure Performance Texas they will have no problem sharing there prices
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 1
M5_Raz514.00