View Single Post
      02-28-2023, 03:23 PM   #11
shuiyuan
Rep
Drives: c43

Quote:
Originally Posted by machareus View Post
I went from an E90 328xi to a F06 650xi and that was (obviously) a serious upgrade. I loved driving the 650 and based on what I was coming from it felt like a beast. But I lost the car to flash flooding after about 6 months and replaced it with an F06 M6.

The M6 is an utter delight. It feels like the engine wants you to ask for more power no matter what speed you're already at. There was a line from an Alpina XB7 review that I read which I think also describes the M6: "there’s something intangibly beautiful about the way an ALPINA engine performs, as if it’s powered by explosive cream. It’s lovely."

Beyond the engine:
- the styling is more aggressive
- the rims are wider so the rear profile especially looks better to me
- the DCT is an absolute joy and shifts very quickly and (if you want) very violently
- I have an after market exhaust and can open the valves which vastly improves sound
- the turbo whistle is addictive
- I think the instrument cluster in the M6 looks more classic than the 650, but they are fairly similar
- not once have I missed having a sunroof
- I live in North Jersey so I run dedicated winter tires and have had to drive through snow; on plowed roads no issues whatsover, but with a couple inches of powder on the ground it was a little sketchy getting going from a stop
- Maintenance is significantly more expensive

Good luck with the purchase! You will love it.
Thank you for more information on the comparison of two models! speaking about the cluster, i was wondering why m6 never came with full digital 6wb style one, lots people say because the HUD, but i do find 650i with 6WB cluster with HUD, i think BMW wanted to keep the M6 more classic as you said.
i will get catless downpipe and aftermarket exhaust as well, i love the sound of DCT is so quick that the engine RPM almost doesn't change at all!
Appreciate 0