View Single Post
      05-21-2020, 09:57 PM   #3
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by q94f10 View Post
I have a 2015 m6 gc and I have being using various brands of 5w40 (liqui moly, Castrol, mobil1), but my car still drinks about 1qt every 1k miles or so. I know troyjeup recommends 5w50 redline, but how many people have been using it consistently and if they had any issues. I want to make the switch to 5w50, but want to see if anyone/how many people have been using this and their reviews.

Thanks in advance.
Turbo engines do use oil but the cheapest fix I would recommend is to swap out your PCV valves with new ones my friend was going though the same thing his shop changed them and the oil problem solved, there is a check valve inside if it goes bad oil can pass ,check your intake tube for excessive oil inside too

Stick with 5w40 LiquiMoly Molygen its recommended for our engines.Change your oil every 3K it sounds excessive but its really not
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 3