United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
My thoughts:

Yeah, that's all of retail pricing there. Of course, if you're in the biz OP, you know that the used car market is nutty right now.

M6s depreciate like a rock. Think S-class coupe.

The S63 engines are really quite robust and reliable, as are the DCT. Until they go bad.

The percentage of failures is probably quite low, but from what I've seen, when they go, they go big time and this is really the only time I'd recommend an extended warranty.

Of course, BMWs can be expensive to maintain, and M parts are even pricier. But they are good solid cars, and it's the ancillary crap that more often breaks than important mechanical stuff.

Go drive it, drive it some more and then drive it again, in normal traffic. These are great, powerful, wonderfully handling cars with a brutally stiff ride and they get lousy gas mileage.
Great summary; oddly enough I was thinking of buying an S63 coupe as well lol, but I'd only own either of these for 1.5-2 years max.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0