Thread: Weekend Plans?
View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #63
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Nuckle, Reb, quit teasing me, please. There have been almost no scratchers available at the local liquor store

Locally, lake boats have to be quarantined for 30+ days because of mussels, so I'd be ocean-going only.

So, from a maintenance standpoint, outboard only? It was such a hassle to try to crawl into the engine compartment, and I don't want to even think about changing the oil on an inboard. I remember trying to devise ways to catch the oil and run it out the back drain via various hoses. . .

SIMRAD seems to be the gold standard for the above-water world, but I've always been far more concerned with what's under the surface. And since most of the screens have been on someone else's boat, I still can't seem to wrap my head around the image is what's DIRECTLY below, or was there 10' ago, or

And for nav, if I have a perfectly good overlay that shows water paths, why does the nav always want me driving right thru the sea wall, over land, and thru the oceanfront living room of those lucky enough to live there???
Appreciate 1
Nuckle2218.00