View Single Post
      08-20-2020, 07:27 PM   #1420
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
10lb brisket pre-trimmed weight. Approx 8lbs when it went into the smoker.

12 hours in the smoke, I put it in the smoker at 4:00am this morning, at 250deg F. After 6 hours I reduced the temperature to 225 deg F. Pulled at 4:00pm at 206 deg F internal temperature, and let rest for almost 2 hours.

It was tender and moist, with great flavor.

Rub was a light application of salt, pepper and cumin. I wanted the cooling process to govern the flavor, and avoid an overpowering rub. I trimmed and rubbed last night, and the meat sat in the fridge uncovered for around 8 hours to develop a pellicle.

This was great. So far my favorites are ribs and brisket. I have also done pork shoulder and fish, both were good.
Nice looking smoke ring.

I have been a little underwhelmed by smoked brisket to be honest, it sounds better than it tastes IMO, as it is much like roast beef I feel like. Different, but similar.

That being said, I would recommend you look at this recipe as a side to go with smoked brisket - I did this last time and if you take the bite together (little of the tomato slaw and little brisket) it is a spectacular bite. The acidity and freshness cuts through the fattier brisket, leaving it quite nice in the mouth.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25...n-tomato-slaw/

I also cut up some of the brisket into cubes / pieces and used it and the slaw in fajitas with some sour cream and jalapenos - also wonderful.
Appreciate 2
chassis6542.00
King Rudi13154.00