12-07-2020, 11:08 AM   #21
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
If you have the Bimmercode app and the OBD adapter..use that instead of the website. The app and OBD adapter will read your communication bus, then list all the control modules you have that are codeable.

Lighting will either be in the FRM, FEM?, or BDC control module depending on build date and communication bus set-up you have. You can scroll through the app to see all the things codeable in the app when it’s connected to your car. You won’t hurt anything by looking at what’s available. The only time changes occur is when you select a change the click the CODE button. Until you do that the app won’t do anything to your car.

Again, read your bus then select the control module that controls your lights,. If you want to select angel eyes for Welcome Lights for when you unlock the car...that should be on the easy side.

In regards to turning off the little amber light in the headlamps...I’m not familiar with that coding because its not something that interested me...so i never followed those coding parameters. I don’t know if tha is on the easy side or the EXPERT. MODE side.
Yes the angel eyes configured for the welcome lights is fairly simple -- it is the little amber light that I could never figure out how to code out