Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Spoke to a buddy of mine, his lot is bigger and he only pays $40 per week for lawn and 60 to plow big driveway several times per year. Told me for him makes no sense getting lawnmower

Do you have to do lawn every week or can get away doing it every 2 weeks?
Some lawn guys don't want to bother w/folks trying to save a dime. They have plenty of work and don't need to negotiate or go over your lawn twice b/c you let it get too long. In Summer you can sometimes get away w/less but not in Spring.

You also need to weed and feed the lawn. When I bought the house, I used Scotts and did the work myself. The lawn was beautiful. Then about 3-4 years ago, I tried a lawn service b/c the cost was only a bit more than the chemicals and no labor for me. They "recommended" 6 treatments. My beautiful lawn went to shit. I fired them after 2 years. I learned later that by law (at least in my area) they are only allowed to treat for weeds 2x. So that means the other 4 treatments are fertilizer! They said they would spot treat "in the lawn" but they must not have b/c weeds grew like crazy but they were more than happy to sell me a different service to take care of it. Before using them I had a bit of nutsedge and knocked the stuffing out of it. Their second year using them it came back fierce. Could have been coincidence but I'm leaning to there equipment infecting my lawn from someone else's. Two years later using Scotts again and my lawn is fantastic.

Last edited by omasou; 05-24-2020 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0