View Single Post
      05-11-2021, 04:38 PM   #39
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Interesting. I've only driven two EV's which featured sounds (Taycan and Mach-E) but honestly I was not a fan. I found in the Taycan its cool for 5 minutes than becomes a but too obvious that it isn't real and doesn't always match up with your inputs or what the car is doing. I think I'd just prefer a slight hum and more insulated/quiet car, but that's mainly because so far I think EV's are best suited towards commuter or comfort/luxury type cars rather than sports cars. There's just no way of recapturing emotion through sound in an EV in my opinion.
I dunno, the VW iDr sounds pretty mean going round the ring or up pikes peak. Like a giant version of a bad ass rc. I'd be ok with that on my 1000 hp iM2. Hahaha

I do agree though that one of the things I love about our leaf plus is how quiet it is while cruising around town and I hope most ev's stick with this route. No need for artificial sound in a car. If it were me, I would put a better audio system in so the music can sound better within that quieter space.
Appreciate 0