PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, a lot of folks in the MCM community have a love/hate relationship with Mad Men. It is often credited with the resurgence in popularity of mid century modern homes, furniture, etc. As we all know, increased popularity = increased demand = increased prices.

If you want to have your socks really blown off - Google Scott Gillen's "Case" houses in Malibu. I think one of them is for sale for $100M. 10K+ sq/ft MCM-style home on 3-ish acres?
Yea - not as easy to find steals on craigslist anymore, haha.

That house is amazing! Wow! My only issue is why enclose the entire shower with glass? Seems like one can open up a couple of those glass panels and be fine. $100mm? Funny that I couldn't even afford the maintenance each year let alone the property tax! So even if he gave it to me, I couldn't keep it haha.

Would love to see the receipt for how much that furniture cost! I bet that main couch is at least $25k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
Dude, I won't even show you my lawn right now. I've got some grass thats standing over a foot from all this rain, since I haven't been able to mow in 2 weeks. Yard is looking great though!

What is this thing you guys keep calling a lawn? Talk to me like I don't like in a desert where we live on top of each other.

It's like this word acre... WTH is that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
But the previous owner built a detached 4 bay garage that's 24x44.
Friends come over - and you get to play, "What's behind door number X" Looks like a great place to start adding some customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Thanks! We love the trees - hate the amount of work it takes to keep the yard fresh with what it drops

And if it were my call, we'd be in a MCM. Wife isn't the biggest fan, so we compromised and got what she wanted
Oaks are really nice! There are a couple communities in LA that have oaks on a DO NOT TOUCH list. So no matter what you do to the yard, you cannot touch or take out the oak trees.

I love MCM as well. My house is a hodge podge of different stuff. The outside is definitely not, haha. The MCM houses in Orange County are rare. There are some but then the price for the area isn't of interest to me.

https://www.ocrealestateinc.com/eichler-homes/

Here is one for sale right now. Little less than 1800sw ft for a little over a million. Would need about $150-200k in renovations though.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Orange/626...9/home/3421770

I love looking at the overhead map view. The MCM homes have such a different aerial view from surrounding houses.

I should drive through that area.... hmmm....
Appreciate 2
W///7494.00