View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #18
JC04
Private
Rep
Drives: MX

All of you guys experiencing vibration at around 80-90 mph is because of tires or rims out of specs. In some cases because of the suspension components but you should know if alignment was done.

I had the same issue and the BMW dealer couldn't fix it after 3 visits to fix "bent rims, alignment and road force balance all the wheels (Which is impossible to be done because one of my tires was out of round, which I explained below)". The technician either didn't actually do the road force balance, no skills or just lied to me. It cost me over 500 at the dealer but they didn't do jack sh*t for me.

At the end, I found a shop that specialize in tires and their technician was able to correctly diagonal one of my tires was out of round. Therefore, he couldn't balance that wheel and the tire needed to be replaced to fix it. I replaced that tire and he was able to road force balance that wheel. My car is smooth even over 100+ mph.

In addition, that place provided a print out of the specs for each wheel after it was done. That's the only way you would know for sure it was done correctly.

Basically you have to find a shop that actually have a machine that can do a road force balance AND a technician has the skills to use it and honestly do their job.

Last edited by JC04; 09-21-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0