View Single Post
      02-01-2020, 11:45 AM   #21
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
I don't think there will be that significant of a difference at cold start, both are 5W. i guess it also goes on if you plan on starting temp, i put my car away until its at least 40F+ outside, so i dont see that 0F cold oil viscosity. Troy has started doing s63s too now and so far there have been good results with it.

I currently run the same 5w-40 molygen, but keep hearing good news with the redline 5w-50, i plan on "upgrading" to that and will keep up on updates for it. The real key i think is the interval time, which you are right on!
Yeah were definitely the same page,I guess 5w is 5w but 5w50 just sounds so thick lol.I do the same with the winter if its to cold I won't start it below 30 degrees I usually take the car out when it 40 or higher anyway,I would like to get a little more info on the redline for our cars myself I wouldn't mind to see if its an actual upgrade from LiquiMoly,when I change my oil next time im going to do a Blackstone oil analysis to see how good the Molygen is working if its good I will just stay with it
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0