03-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #39
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt1998gt View Post
i get that they are the right tool but its not what i am into.

I am not insecure, actually i just finished a pedicure with my wife. just dont feel offended if i knock your taste. i am looking for a car that suits my taste and style and fits my family comfortably. whats wrong with a full size suv, the x5 did a great job with two kids. So i am hoping to find the same style but in a bigger class and the X7 isnt something i want to spend money on.

I posted this thread to see which will work better, thats all and the more i research i do the escalade with captain chairs looks good

hope that makes sense, i had a minivan growing up, so its nice, just not what i am into.
Your original post simply asked what we found to work well with three kids, so many of us answered. Compared to minivans, there are several downsides to SUVs and pickups we alluded to in response: harder to load, less usable interior space, often paying for capabilities (speed, offroading, towing) that you don't actually need day-to-day. While I can certainly appreciate your reasons for not wanting a minivan, the fact is most people that ask the "need a family vehicle but don't like minivans" question are people who are fully in the "derp-a-derp minivans are lame" mindset - thus our responses.

All of this doesn't mean that getting 3 kids into an SUV or supercrew truck is not possible. Certainly it is and people do it all the time. That doesn't remove the fact that these are NOT the ideal vehicle for the stated purpose of carting 3 small children around.

Luckily, you are the one who gets to make the final decision on what your next car will end up being. Happy shopping!
Appreciate 1