2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3talllic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpetrakis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3talllic View Post
I concur with @byebyev8

I had an E92 M3 prior to jumping into my new M6 GC (Competition) and they are completely different animals, respectively. You can't compare, bottom line. The easiest way to put it is whether you want a track car (M3 E9X) to throw around easily around corners or if you'd like a hwy missile (M6 F13/06).
I do miss the nimbleness of the E9X chassis more often than anticipated, but M6 is no slouch and can handle its own weight

A test drive should answer most of your questions. Wish you all the best.

- Ralph
I only live about a mile or two from my primary work location, and generally will cycle in to work. I also manage a location I go to once a week that's about 120 miles round trip. I keep telling myself I'm going to track my m3, but with two young kids under 3 time hasn't been there. I love the nimbleness of the m3 but not sure it's the right car for right now. I'm worried I'll regret letting it go though as the combo is only one of ten, but the more I think about it the more the M6 makes sense.
I would highly recommend to test drive an M6 and determine, for yourself, on whether or not it's worth replacing such a beautiful spec of an E90 you have/own.
I also had a rare spec (6-Speed, single hump, stripper) and sometimes kick myself in the butt for letting it go; so, I feel your pain on that one.
BUT the interior and features in the M6 is what did it for me. I don't/can't see myself going back to an E9X chassis anytime soon, UNLESS I decide to build a "track" oriented vehicle.

Best of luck my friend,
- Ralph
Wonderful problems 😂

But if you are buying an M6 because it makes sense… think again… Fundamentally, our cars make NO SENSE whatsoever, but my god are the fun and gorgeous…

So, if you need a sensible high performance big sedan (how many people really need one?) F90 M5 would be a significantly more sensible buy. And G30 550i probably even more sensible - both leave M6 in the dust off the line, probably no matter what kind of tune you might be running… But do they look drop dead gorgeous and make people turn their heads to a nearly 10-year old platform - I still argue M6 is the most beautiful BMW ever built, and there are not many other makes/models that are true competitors in that sense, especially if you go for F06.

No, you absolutely don't need an M6 - but you may desperately want one, and that's a great reason to pull the trigger. But be warned - unless you one day want something that ticks very different boxes (say an exotic supercar like an Aventador, a monster muscle car like Shelby GT500 (I wish we could get them to down under), or a proper 2-seater sports car like a Cayman GT4), you'll struggle to find a meaningful successor… I'm in that trap - would like to find something I would go all giddy, but no luck (within reasonable budget)…

Good luck!
Appreciate 0