01-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
I'm 6"4. One of the things I remember about the M6 was the headroom. I had to position the seat down low in an effort to keep my head from touching the ceiling. Is this a visibility concern for taller drivers when driving or parking? Due to the distance of the nose from the driver.
As mentioned above...look for an M6 GC that has the surround view cameras...they will definitely help when parking...and also the front side view cameras help with the long hood when needing to peer out/look for traffic when you're blinded by large vehicles on your left/right that block oncoming traffic from view.

I also highly recommend plucking down the cash for the Euro wide angled mirrors. Even when your side mirrors are adjusted properly...the wide angle mirrors provide a view of 45° vs the plain glass mirror's 17° view.

You can see in the pics below that you can see more parking space lines and things in the back ground with the wide angle mirrors vs the oe driver's side plain mirror and oe passenger side convex mirror:

{driver's side oe 1:1 ratio plain mirror vs wide angle mirror}

{passenger's side oe convex mirror vs wide angle mirror}

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0