12-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #51
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo_9 View Post
Usually just a lurker here, but I have 2014 M6 GC with CP and I inquired today about the Dinan Tune at my dealership. While the dealership was very complimentary of the software and in fact recommended it, they noted that due to recent changes it would in fact greatly compromise the BMW factory warranty on the car.

According to my Service Adviser, BMW will now likely not honor any warranty work on issues with engine/transmission on Dinan equipped vehicles and the Dinan warranty will only cover items very specifically related to the software. This leaves a massive grey area where neither Dinan nor BMW will claim responsibility for work that would otherwise be covered under warranty.

Again, these are NEW CHANGES instituted recently by BMW regarding Dinan products. Can anyone confirm if this is the actual case?
While technically what the SA said is partially true where the BMW warranty is compromised there is no real gray area. The Dinan warranty is a matching 4yr/50k warranty so one way or another one of us will cover a problem should one arise. If BMW NA asks us to pay for a warranty claim, we do. So one way or another your car is fixed and you don't have a repair bill.
Appreciate 0