View Single Post
      05-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
SixteenM6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjoker View Post
Is it just me or am I seeing more threads about motors having to be replaced due to metal in the oil? I'm also seeing a few M6's for sale that already have the motor replaced. Searching for a M6 GC at the moment and this is scaring me a bit.
I think the vast majority of M6 cars have no issues at all. Sure some will need entire new engines if something goes haywire with the turbos, those things spin super fast and need to be carefully balanced from the manufacturer. Also, take into account that perhaps those cars that are presenting problems have been abused to the max with hi-revving cold engine take offs, launches, paddle shifting to red-lines, etc... hard to tell which ones were normally driven or abused.

I recently purchased mine, 2016 with 23k miles and there were no major codes thrown out, tires were still original in great shape, interior well taken care of, etc...

Have the car inspected by a professional before buying if you're too concerned. Most of these V8s will last a long time if they're not abused.
Appreciate 0