08-06-2018, 02:24 AM   #18
DerBosewicht
Problem Solver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I also agree. The new ones are a common current BMW design and I'm guessing is a preview of the next gen G car design. This is similar to what they did with the outgoing E70 X5M, they put the square LEDs in for the final model year, only to have square LED installed across the entire model lineup in the F cars. Everything from a 1 series to a 7 now has the square LEDs.

With my E90 M3...I actually decided not to do anything with the halo lights, I kept the yellow halogens. Ultimately, the older features makes the car look unique.

I'm going to stick with my pre-LCI 6 series light. I actually like them more and more now that I think about it.
I am fighting with this dilemma myself. I did find a company that will retrofit the Honeycomb projectors,vision rings, and gloss back housing for just under 1600$ shipped. 1 yr warranty with rings from Bavgruppe. I think this will be a nice upgrade to my '13 lights. Comes with a special harness to avoid coding,After reading over the forum, I think that this is the best option in attempting to upgrade.
Appreciate 0