View Single Post
      09-19-2021, 12:54 PM   #9
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyDuggee View Post
The insurance payout does not even cover the full value of the vehicle at the time, never mind:

- Loss of no claims bonus and the rise in insurance premiums.
- Days of time lost sorting the theft, hire car and replacement vehicle, at a time when my business was on the brink.
- Sentimental value - I was planning on keeping that car indefinitely.
- Breach of data - the vehicle was stolen from outside my house.

A minor detail I forgot to mention - BMW accepted that the forged documents did not meet their minimal standards.
Then about a year ago, my statement below applies. Unless you pay for full replacement value, you never get... full replacement value. You get depreciated value. The other things like sentimental value, breach of data, time lost are things your attorney will have to sue the dealership for. They're not covered under insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
.... If you have not received a settlement from your insurance company - more than a year ago - you should have long ago contacted an attorney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyDuggee View Post
The insurance payout does not even cover the full value of the vehicle at the time, never mind: ...
If you've received an insurance payout - you're done with the insurance company. If you accepted an insurance payout that didn't satisfy your losses, you shouldn't have settled. If you settled (I don't know UK law but it should apply) you will have to sue the dealership for your residual losses above what the insurance company covered. It's likely too late to sue the insurance company if you cashed a settlement/payout check.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 09-19-2021 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0