08-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #15
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWM3 View Post
Car is back, and it runs great.

But, as I think about it, what are the odds of the engine failing exactly when the car was at the dealer and in their hands. The exact day, and at that exact mileage. Statistically, this is like lottery ticket odds.

I am hardly conspiracy minded, but I becoming a bit suspicious, and wondering if I should request some sort of report from the BMW area rep.

Thoughts?
I think it's a strategic decision based on your personal priorities. If having the car running well is primary, I suggest letting it go and enjoying the outcome. However, if you feel knowing what happened is most important, you could ask BMW to "shine a light" on the details and root cause, knowing that it could negatively impact your future relationship with that service department for what may have been a human error issue that they apparently resolved satisfactorily.

For the dealer, it may be hard to separate the simple facts of the occurrence from the emotion of experiencing blame, highlighted by your potential investigation request. Would having even exact knowledge of the occurrence be a sufficient comfort to you to offset that risk, if you intend to continue to work with them on your vehicle(s) in the future?

This is for you to assess and follow your strongest inclination. If I were in this situation and had that vehicle, I'd go out for a wonderful drive until any concerning thoughts floated away!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 08-12-2021 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
JFWM396.50