LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Bumpers and headlights looking niiiice
Thank you! I think you and I have similar attention to detail based on following your thread as well

Planning to do the same process in the springtime to the front fenders, hood and rocker panels along with XPEL to really have the car looking showroom condition again. Likely going to do a full refinish on the wheels and a few layers of ceramic as well. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjoker View Post
Was anything used to seal the headlights after polishing? Mine needs polished but I'm afraid that it may start yellowing quicker after.
Great question!

They were wet sanded and buffed to a polish followed by a couple coats of clearcoat with UV inhibitors built into the product to prevent future yellowing. They were also XPEL filmed as well and eventually will receive ceramic coating for a few added layers of protection from the elements.

I highlighted this exact concern to them as I knew the factory-applied UV protectant would be removed in the sanding process -- they assured me that they account for this in the refinishing process to ensure lasting protection. Doing this properly wasn't cheap to do, but it is a lot cheaper than having to buy new headlight housings down the road. Do it right or do it twice!